Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Client Project: Guest Quarters in Yellow & Gray

Wish me luck...I'm off to a meeting with a new client that wants to give her guest quarters {bedroom & bathroom} a fresh new look.  I met with her at my office last week and she showed me a picture of a fabric that inspired her and a console that she would like to consider using in the space.  The next step is what will happen today - a meeting in her home for me to see the actual space and to work through the many fabrics, trims, furniture options, finishes, paint colors, tile options, etc.

Top left is specifically with the bedroom in mind; I'm thinking window treatments over on the top right; lower left is bathroom.  That stack in the lower right corner is what I like to call "the reserve" - items that might possibly work into the mix but not at the top of my list right now.  I like this meeting to be very loose and open-minded.  It's easy to toss aside a fabric that doesn't work in the mix and keep the creatives juices flowing when it's not attached to some ridiculous presentation board {that's for design school when environments are perfect & there's no real client with an opinion around}.

We'll get a game plan together today and then I'll move on to refining the design and pricing out the project.  So here I go.......

2 comments:

Katy said...

I hope it went well Shelly! I love all the fabrics and ideas. You have a cool job and you are so talented!

Shelly said...

It did, now on to the next step! Thanks so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...