Thursday, December 16, 2010

On the 4th Day of Christmas...

On the fourth day of Christmas, my favorite thing to share - tile!
I love being able to incorporate specialty tile into my projects.  About seven years ago, I was introduced to Sonoma Tilemakers and their Trantrum collection.
Can you say, beau-ti-ful?!  I never tire of using this tile collection.  It's really worth seeing in person, but let me explain until you can see it for yourself.  It's icy.  Like tiny broken pieces of glass.  It reflects light beautifully.
And there's so many different color variations, it's easy to find something that fits your project.  Actually, this week we're wrapping up a kitchen renovation for a client and I was able to use Trantrum in the kitchen backsplash.
The beauty of specialty tile is that even though it's pricey, you don't need a lot of it to make a statement.  I selected "Tee Kee Green" from Sonoma to compliment the Peacock Green granite being used for the countertop. 
I also love how the smooth & shiny glass tile looks juxtaposed against the rough tumbled travertine stone. We also used a 1" liner of granite within the backsplash to further unify the design.

I could go on and on about other specialty tiles that I love, but I'll stop with my top pick.  If you're looking for a way to incorporate tile into your next project, contact me, I'd be happy to help!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...