Tuesday, December 14, 2010

On the 2nd Day of Christmas....

On the second day of Christmas, my favorite thing to share - Design Blogs!
There are so many great design blogs out there...if only I had time in my schedule to sit and read for hours!  I have a lot of favorites, but these three I check on a fairly regular basis.

Mrs. Howard Personal Shopper is a daily chronicle of the life of a retail/design boutique.  Phoebe Howard is a talented designer and owner of Mrs. Howard, a high end furniture retail store and design boutique - she has 4 locations across the south.  Since I have background in furniture retail and I sell a lot of the same manufacturers (Hickory Chair for example), I can relate to a lot of what I read.  The blog posts weekly Before and After and offers lots of other great design advice.

Urban Grace Interiors is a blog belonging to a college friend of mine.  (War Eagle!)  Erika Powell's design studio, also under the name Urban Grace Interiors, is located in Florida's panhandle.  I appreciate Erika's clean and simple approach to design, and love reading about her adventures (personal and professional).  She also became a mom a little over a year ago, so I like reading about how she too is trying to find a balance between work and family life. 

I recently became a blog follower of Pure Style Home.  I enjoy reading Lauren's post about her design life and home life.  I love the pictures of her own home and how she's made it beautiful and also livable for her family, something I continue to do in my own home and push for my clients to desire as well. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...