Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Really?

Wow, I can't believe I haven't taken the time to blog since August!  That's terrible of me.  I guess I didn't realize it had been that long, since I do try to consistently post to the Facebook page.  If you're not a fan of the Shelly Windham Interior Design page, I encourage you to check it out and become a fan/follower.

I really can't begin to catch you up on 3 months in one little blog post.  This fall has provided the office with lots of design projects, to which I am very thankful.  I'm in the midst of several renovations, two new kitchens, and a handful of other very interesting projects. In the weeks to come, I'll try better at posting about these projects.

This past month I participated in The Great American Teach In.  Oh my goodness, I was nervous.  The thought of speaking to two huge classrooms of 5th graders really was scary, but I think it turned out to be a great experience.  I spoke to the children about my profession and education - explaning to them how much math is involved {and how they should be soaking in all they're being taught} in the design & construction professions.  Then we did an activity together, which they really seemed to enjoy.  I told them that space planning really involves gathering the facts {related codes, needs of the client, etc.}, so I gave the "facts" about two different spaces and they space planned using small furniture cut-outs. 

Also this month, I attended the fall Renninger's Antique Extravaganza in Mt. Dora.  It was a great day, as always.  We found lots of inspiration and walked away with some great finds!
 {so perfect to use as a twin headboard}
 {Santa's Sleigh, anyone?}
 {kitchen island:  sides made from reclaimed doors, top made from reclaimed bowling alley floors}
 {industrial size pendants salvaged from paint factory}

Last week, I took some time off for the Thanksgiving holiday.  My family and I traveled to North Alabama to spend time with family and friends, and get a little R&R. 
 {William's new pony}
 {James is now 8 months old!}

Now it's back to the grind.  Wow, Christmas is quickly approaching and I have many deadlines for clients before they're ready to entertain guests!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...