Friday, January 7, 2011

Client Project: Updated Traditional

I'm currently in the midst of this project right now.  As you know, I'm not a huge fan of showing off my client's homes, so this may be all you will see.  However, once all the reupholstered furniture, custom window treatments, pillows, and rugs find their way into my client's home in the next few weeks {fingers crossed on a timely installation}, I may have a change of heart and give you a few peeks. 

My client had her home custom built almost two decades ago, and decided it was time for an update.  It's a beautiful traditional home.  It has great bones (hardwood floors, plaster walls, etc.) but was severely outdated...think floral wallpaper in every room and pink bishop sleeve drapery panels!  So we're giving it a total update...all wallpaper has been stripped and there's fresh paint in every room.  The floors have been refinished, and the kitchen countertops, floors, and backsplash replaced.  Now it's just a matter of time before the "jewelry" arrives...fresh fabrics on her furniture, new window treatments, and new rugs.  I'm looking forward, as much as my client, to seeing it all complete very soon.

By the way, Happy Friday to everyone.  I hope you find some inpiration over the weekend!  I think my crew and I might just locate some at the Glazer Children's Museum tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...