Sunday, December 19, 2010

On the 7th Day of Christmas...

On the seventh day of Christmas, my favorite thing to share - collections!
Do you all collect something?  I'd love to hear about it - post a comment, please. I collect a few things, but try to be cautious - I have a fear that a collection could get out of hand!  I have a handful of antique furniture (mostly from my family or my husband's), and a small collection of green milk glass (I love how the light hits it, and for some reason it instantly makes me think of farm life, go figure).  Anyway, my favorite thing to collect is antique citrus box labels.  I've been collecting them since I moved to Florida.  I love that they celebrate the nostalgia of "Old Florida", that citrus is still very important to us here in central FL, and I love the graphic design of them - I really do consider them art.  This is my favorite one....
 I've bought most of them myself, but some have been gifts from friends and family, and at least two of them were wedding gifts.  This past summer I finally decided to have some of them custom framed and I love how they turned out (sorry about the really terrible picture!).

As I was trying to decide with ones to frame, I discovered that not only were they all Florida citrus labels (a rule I had given myself years ago), but my entire collection is actually Polk County, FL citrus labels....and they may be the new rule (back to the fear of collections getting out of hand!).  I acquired a new one since the framing and am anxious to have it framed...
but I've recently found a few on ebay (Royal Arms, Star Lake, Frostproof, and Acrobat)  that have been added to my Christmas list.  So maybe I'll just wait until the New Yar before I head over to my local frame shop.

2 comments:

Katy said...

Really the only collection I have is Madame Alexander dolls for Lila. I used to get one every Christmas and birthday growing up. And I love that they are still sold in nice boutiques now! Makes me feel like they are still kinda cool. So they will be displayed somehow in Lila's big girl room. Once we get to that point.

House Painter Alpharetta said...

This is a good blog, it is encouraging to see people giving value through great post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...