Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Inspiration of Pinewood

Are you familiar with this beautiful home?  It's the Pinewood Estate located at Bok Tower Gardens, here in Lake Wales.  I love this home -the story behind it, the beautiful architecture, and the interesting interior materials & finishes.  Visiting it for the first time back in December of 1995, on the Pinewood Christmas tour, I've loved it ever since.
This true Mediterranean home keeps crossing my work path these days.  I'm working with a client that also loves this home, and wants to incorporate the feeling & style into her own home.  That's the beauty of historic buildings - there's so much inspiration to draw from.  Though her home will not be 'Pinewood replica', I hope when we're finished she'll feel just as comfortable & inspired in her home, as she does when she strolls through the Pinewood Estate.
Last week, I was also persuaded to be a room designer for the 2009 Christmas at Pinewood.  This will be the third time I've had this opportunity to be apart of such a fun production!  As the design process for this event continues, we'll keep you updated.  This year's theme will be "Joy to the World".  What brings Joy to your World?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...